Laptop Battery Usage Tips
- New battery pack must be fully charged before use
- New battery pack needs to be fully charged and discharged (cycled) a few times before it can condition to full capacity
- Rechargeable batteries undergo self-discharging when left unused
- Always store a battery pack in a fully charged stage for storage
- Fully drain and fully recharge your battery pack every few months
- Turn down the LCD brightness of your portable device
- Use built-in power management on your portable device
- Turn off LCD or other unnecessary accessories when not in use
- Set screen saver blank to 1 to 2 minutes of your notebook
- Add more RAM if you have extra RAM expansion slot, it will reduce the usage of hard drive and it is power exhaustive
- Close unused software in your notebook
- Remove unused PC Cards or USB devices from your notebook
- Don't watch DVD or play graphics intensive video games
- Don't short circuit terminal or store your battery pack with metal parts
- Don't drop or mutilate the battery pack
- Don't expose to moisture or water
- It is normal to get warm when charging or normal use
- If it is getting too hot, there may be a problem with the device and qualified personnel should check it
Laptop Batteries MaintenanceHow to charge your new replacement laptop battery?
Your new Dell laptop battery comes in a discharged condition and must be charged before use (refer to your computer manual for charging instructions). Upon initial use (or after a prolonged storage period) the battery may require two to three charge/discharge cycles before achieving maximum capacity.
When charging the Acer laptop battery for the first time your computer may indicate that charging is complete after just 10 or 15 minutes. This is a normal phenomenon with rechargeable batteries. Simply remove the battery from the computer and repeat the charging procedure.
It is important to condition (fully discharge and then fully charge) the HP laptop battery every two to three weeks. Failure to do so may significantly shorten the battery's life (this does not apply to Li-ion batteries, which do not require conditioning). To discharge, simply run your device under the battery's power until it shuts down or until you get a low battery warning. Then recharge the battery as instructed in your user's manual.
If the Apple laptop battery will not be in use for a month or longer, it is recommended that it be removed from the device and stored in a cool, dry, clean place.
It is normal for a Asus laptop battery to become warm during charging and discharging.
A charged Samsung laptop battery will eventually lose its charge if unused. It may therefore be necessary to recharge the battery after a storage period.
The milliamp-hour (mAH) rating of the Sony laptop battery dot org batteries will often be higher than the one on your original battery. A higher mAH rating is indicative of a longer lasting (higher capacity) battery and will not cause any incompatibilities. An Advent laptop battery dot org battery will, in most cases, outperform the original by 30% to 50%.
Actual battery run-time depends upon the power demands made by the equipment. In the case of notebook computers, the use of the monitor, the hard drive and other peripherals results in an additional drain upon the battery, effectively reducing the battery's run-time. The total run-time of the battery is also heavily dependent upon the design of the equipment. To ensure maximum performance of the battery, optimize your computer's power management features. Refer to your computer manual for further instructions.